Bilstein TechnologyAce Armour Products are proud to be the Middle East Agents for StopTech, Bilstein & Eibach
- BILSTEIN bespoke armoured vehicle shock absorbers are manufactured from some or all of the following modular components
- High quality grade Steel damper bodies with the option of an external thread for height adjustment to suit different load levels and ride height preferences.
- ELV compliant coatings for high levels of salt spray corrosion resistance (developed and used by Jaguar Land Rover on their production cars).
- Direct mounted reservoirs or separate reservoir connected by high grade steel braided hose with stainless steel swivel end fittings.
- Ultra Duty specification wet piston rod bearing guides.
- The option in some applications of lower mounting SKF GE20 TXE 2LS spherical joint – dynamic load rating 83kN. Polyurethane buffers for added protection to lower mounting joints.
- Stainless steel deflector plate protection for exposed lower sections of the damper tubes and reservoirs.
- .Foot valves in the reservoir for compression damping which in turn reduces the gas fill pressure required. Reduced gas = reduced friction = reduced heat = longer life expectancy. It also allows us to substantially increase the compression settings. A range of Shock absorber tubes up to 66mm in diameter, and piston rods up to 18mm allowing us to design and manufacture all levels of GVW, be it a light weight fast patrol vehicle or a 22,000kg armoured personnel carrier. Force –velocity characteristic tuned specifically to suit vehicle load condition. 100% dyno test on all shock absorbers between 0.05m/sec and 1.5 m/sec and testing to extremely tight tolerances. All full suspension kits are supplied with fitting parts which include Anodised aluminium spring fittings, anti roll bar, (ARB), clamp brackets with c/w bolts and washers and Polyurethane clamp bushes for the ARB.
- Bilsteins chosen premium German spring supplier uses very high quality and high strength grades of spring steel, resulting in light weight and yield (sag) resistant springs.
- Their design rules are the product of over 60 years of experience in the most demanding of environments. They know how to design springs that will give you superior vehicle dynamics as well as long service life.
- Using CNC coiling machines that have been custom manufactured to their own exacting specifications, they coil to industry leading tolerances, resulting in springs that are a perfect fit and produce exactly the right ride height – every time. Durability (fatigue life) is greatly improved by post coiling thermal processing and then intensive shot peening prior to coating. Coating is a zinc phosphate base layer and electrostatic powder coating.
Anti-Roll Bars (Sway Bars)
- Bilsteins chosen German anti-roll bar supplier uses very high strength and quality grades of spring steel, resulting in light weight and durable Anti-Roll Bars (Sway Bars).
- Their design rules are the product of over 60 years of experience in the most demanding of environments. They know how to design anti roll bars (sway bars) that will give you superior vehicle dynamics as well as long service life.
- Using CNC bending machines that have been custom manufactured to their own exacting specifications, they can bend and forge to industry leading tolerances, resulting in anti roll bars (sway bars) that are a perfect fit– every time. Durability (fatigue life) is greatly improved by post bending thermal processing and then intensive shot peening prior to coating. Coating is a zinc phosphate base layer and electrostatic powder coating.
Parabolic Leaf Springs
- Conventional ‘multi leaf’ springs use many leafs, of constant cross section, that are all in contact with adjacent leafs. Parabolic leaf springs, as supplied to us by a premium German supplier, use leafs of varying cross section, therefore putting material where load is highest and reducing material cross section where such thickness is not required. In other words, making the material work to its full potential, through design stress optimisation.
- Parabolic leafs are also made from a higher quality grade of low carbon steel, more commonly associated with precision coil springs. This material difference combined with the stress optimisation of material section explains why ‘Parabolic’ springs require far fewer leafs than their ‘Multi Leaf’ counterparts, when bearing the same load.
- The other notable difference between the Multi Leaf and Parabolic design concepts is that each parabolic leaf is kept separate from its adjacent leafs, therefore massively reducing interleaf friction and the subsequent abrasion of the corrosion protection coating.
- Significantly reduced weight
- Reduced friction means reduced wear and better corrosion resistance, as the coating remains intact
- Vastly reduced ‘stack height’, therefore improving ground clearance for under axle applications (such as LC76, LC78, LC79 etc..)
- Many Armourers will use the optional ‘Heavy Duty’ Toyota 11 Leaf spring on the rear of an LC79 series – whereas our chosen suppliers’ replacement parabolic spring, has only 3 leafs!!